- Mental Health Awareness Month for Business Owners
- Oct 15 - Zonta Empowering Women Dinner
- Sat Oct 20 - Feed the Farmer Music Festival
- Sat Oct 27 - Tibetan Learner Driver Fundraiser
South Pacific Ptivare are hosting a free breakfast on Weds October 10 to support and rasie awareness of mental health and addictions.
where: South Pacific Private, 24 Beach St, Curl Curl
When : 8:30-10am - Wed October 10
RSVP: to register email firstname.lastname@example.org
All are welcome but bookings required as seating is limited.
Join our Inspiring Women table for a wonderful night supporting the great work that Zonta does.
The goal of Zonta International and all Zonta Clubs worldwide is to empower women at all levels - educate a woman and you educate a family!
At our August meeting last Monday night our Club:
* approved two Student Support Grants of $500 to high school girls to assist them to attend studies and events out of the financial reach of their families.
* approved payment for a Y12 student Graduation Ball ticket.
* approved a Study Grant to allow a woman to complete a course she was studying before her world came crashing down and she was left homeless.
* approved support to enable a young Mum living at the Refuge with her 2 little ones to get back a precious item taken from her as a final act of violence.
* approved another $375 for our final year Vet Science Student,
* gave more funding to our student with a disability.
* is delivering 2 kitchen starter kits shortly to women moving into transitional housing as they try to start again.
So our financial kitty is almost empty!! - and this is just the funding decisions made at one monthly meeting! Requests for support keep coming and we try to help where we can suitably provide funding.
We have invited like minded organisations in our community to our October Advocacy Fundraising Dinner and we are fortunate that have an empowering guest speaker in Tracey Spicer AM. We hope that many community members will accept this invitation.
There will be a great raffle with some fantastic prizes. Many thanks to Sue Heins and Inspiring Women for contributing some amazing prizes and for supporting this event.
Please join us at this dinner and help us help others locally - email email@example.com or phone Marg on 0416 182 393.
EARLY BIRD - BY OCTOBER 4 $70 PP
After October 4 - $78PP
RSVP October 8
Thurs 11 October 2018
6.45pm ffor 7pm start
Oaks Room, Dee Why RSL, 932 Pittwater Road, Dee Why
GUEST SPEAKER - TRACEY SPICER AM
Author, Journalist, Broadcaster
Early Birr by October 1 $70 pp
After October 1 $78 pp
TO BOOK: Make your payment by direct debit to Zonta Club of Northern Beaches Inc.
BSB 062108 Acc 00902072 Reference your name
Confirm/advise your payment,attendee name and any dietary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your payment has been received your reservation is confirmed.
Cancellations after 4 October cannot be refunded.
Tickets at https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/feed-the-farmers-northern-beaches-campaign-tickets-49071122047?aff=efbeventtix
FEED THE FARMERS is 10 hours of live music in our very own community with some of Australia’s' best talent! You get to enjoy a great line up and dance with Northern Beaches locals to support our mates in the bush.
The purpose of this event is to raise money to buy food vouchers at a discount and they will be distributed through those on the ground who know where help is needed. We are buying food vouchers so we won't be losing funds in admin and transport costs.
As we cannot fit more than 300 in our space, we are not advertising who we have playing ... let's just say you will be surprised and delighted!
WHY are we doing this?
We know there is drought and we are supporting the community we are connected with in Tamworth, West and Northwest of Tamworth. There are charities doing great things such as Buy a Bale and Fiver for a farmer (awesome work Jack).
We know of farmers who have shot their generation breeding stock and have committed suicide, leaving families in an horrific state. We also know of farmers who have sheared their dead sheep just to sell the wool to make a small amount of survival money.
Lets' show the country we REALLY care.... just buy a ticket and bring extra cash for food, drinks and donated auction items! If you would like to volunteer a couple of hours helping to set up, serve bar or food and pack down please let Karin know email@example.com or 9997 5555. We are attempting to make this whole event a zero cost through donations of time, services and prizes. If you have anything to donate including vouchers please let us know. Thanks to everyone who has already donated services.
The truth is, does it really matter who plays at the music festival .... maybe you just want to support the people in need who are having no showers, not feeding their kids fresh produce and are exhausted from hand feeding animals to keep them alive. Some farmers have financial resources for the "rainy days" and are now struggling with the cost of feed or the difficulty getting feed and the transport costs. The stress is overwhelming.
- WE are starting at 1.00 pm and you are welcome to come at whatever time suits you.
- This is a smoke free and drug free, over 18 event.
- There will be food and drink available so please don’t bring any! (Let us know if you have any special diets – we have gluten free and vegetarian already covered)
- This is a glass free event (our grounds are pebbles and pavers)
- Wear your country outfit if you like! Ladies, high heels are not recommended!
- There is loads of parking around here – it is an industrial area and we recommend car retrieval on Sunday! – catch an uber or walk home!
Three years ago a group of 6 amazing local women started the Tibetan Learner Drivers mentoring project as part of the Northern Beaches Social Justice Circle.
The project assists Tibetan refugees on the Northern Beaches to gain their drivers licence by giving them access to a car and licensed drivers.
The project has assisted many Tibetans to get their drivers licence which has given them access to employment and to the independence that comes with a drivers licence.
This project need funds to pay for petrol, traffic fines and insurance for the vehicles.
To raise funds, there will be the 2nd ever fundraiser for the Tibetan driver mentoring project.
The dinner will be on Saturday 27th October at 630pm at Brookvale Community Centre. The venue holds around 50 people so tickets will be limited.
Their first fundraiser was a fantastic community event and a lot of fun.
Tickets are $40 per person and it is BYO alcohol.
Soft drink, dinner and entertainment from the Tibetan community will be provided.
If you are unable to make the dinner you can buy a raffle ticket or make a donation to the project via the link below.